Can be used for teletherapy by pulling up the resource using a screen sharing app and viewing with your student, having them print certain pages in advance to look at during a video call, or using topic cards / tongue twister sheets (by reading them aloud) without pulling them up digitally!!
My goal in creating this resource was to include EVERYTHING an SLP/SLT would ever need to promote speech sound generalization for articulation therapy. Many of the included resources such as conversation topic cards and coloring/writing activities can also be used to address a variety of language/social goals! This is a growing resource meaning that if you purchase it now you will have access to all future additions of activities (and more are already in the works including Spot the Difference pictures and an Ultimate Drawing Challenge!) You will be notified whenever an update is uploaded. So far, this resource contains all of the following in one PDF file:
- Handout for caregivers or teachers explaining articulation therapy (and generalization!)
- List of structured conversation/reading activities (i.e., practice ideas for SLPs and caregivers)
- Over 160 (!) topic cards that include basic topics, silly/imaginative topics, problem-solving, would you prefer, debate, story starters. Use with your language kids, social groups, and mixed groups! Use as writing prompts!
- Articulation Alien coloring activity where the student adds sound-loaded body parts, clothing items, objects, and background items to their alien. Includes word banks for ch/j, f/v, k/g, l, r, s/z, sh, th as well as a blank word bank for writing in your own words to target additional speech sounds. Also can be used to target vocabulary, direction-following, describing, comprehension/use of attributes.
- Tongue Twisters activity where the student creates tongue twisters using a word bank (containing their sound). Includes word banks for ch/j, f/v, k/g, l, r, s/z, sh, th as well as a blank word bank for writing in your own words to target additional speech sounds.Also can be used to work on sentence formulation given target words.
- My Sound Story activity where the student writes and illustrates a story using a word bank with characters, settings, and objects (containing their sound). Includes word banks for ch/j, f/v, k/g, l, r, s/z, sh, th as well as a blank word bank for writing in your own words for additional speech sounds. Also can be used to work on written expression and describing skills.
- Spot the Differences activity where the student can describe sound-loaded scenes, compare/contrast the two similar scenes, or answer "wh" questions about the scenes.
- A blank practice calendar for assigning practice activities and checking students' practice
- A printable dice template to be used with practice activities (i.e., roll the dice to choose a practice activity)
- Data collection tools for SLPs/caregivers to use while the child is reading or talking
- List of ideas for increasing students' motivation and awareness (e.g., visual reminders, incentives... perfect to send home for caregivers!)
- Cute, colorful desk (or home) speech sound reminder cards
- Lanyard (or laminator) "punch cards" where the student can punch out a circle each time they practice
- A practice contract for students to fill out and sign
- A list of articulation and conversation apps to use specifically for generalization
- A list of "talking games" available for purchase (either by the SLP or caregiver)
- A list of additional resources on TpT (with links!) for promoting awareness and motivation
- A list of additional resources on TpT (with links!) that involve structured conversation or reading